Bring the delicious tastes of mexico into your keto diet with this huevos ranchero recipe. Huevos Ranchero is spanish for ranch-style eggs. This breakfast consists of eggs, salsa and a few other ingredients. It brings a delicious explosion of flavors to your taste buds. guaranteed to be a low carb dieter’s dream.
Generally, huevos ranchero is served with beans and warm tortillas. As a keto-friendly version i’ve dropped the beans and rice. It is still just as delicious without these ingredients but it you really want the tortillas to go along with this I have added some links to keto-friendly tortilla recipes.
Keto-Friendly Tortilla Recipes
- 15-Minute Gluten Free & Keto Tortillas from Gnom-Gnom
- Keto Almond Flour Tortillas from Wholesome Yum
- Low Carb Tortillas from A Spicy Perspective
Keto-Friendly Huevos RancherosCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup salsa
2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil into a skillet over medium heat.
- When the olive oil has warmed ad in each egg carefully. Tilt the pan occasionally to redistribute the oil to ensure the eggs don’t stick. Fry long enough for the whites of the eggs to set and for the yolks to cook to your preference.
- Carefully strain away any extra oil that is left over in the pan. (there shouldn’t be much, if any)
- Place back on the stove, reduce heat to low, and pour salsa around the eggs.
- Layer cheese on top of the eggs and salsa.
- Sprinkle cilantro onto the cheese and place lid on the skillet.
- Once the cheese has melted remove from heat.
- Serve on top of a keto-friendly tortilla or alone.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as guacamole, fresh avocado, onions, or sour cream.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories228
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 30%
- Cholesterol 179mg 60%
- Sodium 540mg 23%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5%
- Sugars 2.4g
- Protein 10.1g 21%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Keto Meat Lover’s Egg Scramble RecipeRise and shine! It’s breakfast time! Give yourself the boost you need in the morning with this meat lovers recipe. Loaded with cheese and meat it gives you a good helping of fats and protein. Coming in at only 1.3 g. total carbs its a delicious, filling, and keto-friendly breakfast of champions.
- Delicious Keto Huevos Rancheros RecipeBring the delicious tastes of mexico into your keto diet with this huevos ranchero recipe. This breakfast consists of eggs, salsa and a few other ingredients. It brings a delicious explosion of flavors to your taste buds. Guaranteed to be a low carb dieter’s dream.