This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
The keto diet is trending among many people who are hoping to shed fat from their bodies. The diet consists mainly of certain veggies, meat, fats and dairy products with no sugar and very little carbs. Most, will come to find that a few weeks into the diet, their cravings for sugars and sweets have drastically declined. A decline in cravings, however, does not mean a complete stop to them.
What are you supposed to do when you are on the keto diet and your sweet tooth starts hollering at you? Sugar and breads are completely out of the question and you don’t want to throw away all the progress you have made. Never-the-less a sugary snack is calling your name.
What if I said you can still have a warm chocolate chip cookie, a rich slice of cake or a decadent chocolate cupcake without sabotaging your progress? Truth of the matter is, you don’t have to give up sweets entirely! How is that possible, you ask? As long as you use keto friendly ingredients to make sweet treats you will be able to indulge every once in a while.
These keto friendly chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting will satisfy any sweet tooth. How amazing is that? You literally get to eat chocolate on a diet and not feel bad about it!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3-1/2 cup xylitol
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium to large bowl mix the dry ingredients making sure to whisk them together until they are completely incorporated with one another.
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients electric mixers are great for this part but if you don’t have one than you can still mix the ingredients with a whisk or spoon.)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. Resume whisking until everything is mixed together nicely.
- Pour the batter into the tins making sure each one has the same amount as the others.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Check muffins to see if they are done by poking a toothpick or fork into the center of a few of them. If the utensil comes out clean than the cupcakes are done. If the utensil is soiled with batter, bake again for a few minutes and repeat this step.
- Remove from the oven, carefully take them out of the muffin tins, place them on a cooling rack and allow them to cool before frosting each one.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cream together, in a mixing bowl, the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well mixed.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly, mix in the powdered sweetener and then the cocoa
- Continue to mix until the icing is fluffy and smooth.
- Pipe or spread the icing onto cooled cupcakes.
Like this post? Share it on social media!
For more keto friendly recipes like this subscribe by email below. I also post on a variety of other topics as well including money saving ideas, planner printables, holiday ideas, and much more. Trust me, you aren’t going to want to miss my next posts!